Repair guides and support for the EOS 70D, a DSLR camera released by Canon in 2013. This camera can be identified by the model number DS126411.

Display screen shows "white noise" image after taking picture

I hadn't used my Canon 70D in about a week. Then powered it up. Everything looked fine. When i pressed the shutter and took the picture nothing but a pixelated white image appeared on my display. I cleaned the sensor manually, checked the battery, All good. The same thing happens when I switch to video mode. I guess my question is, Do i need to replace the entire display as I've seen on a couple YT videos? Or is something else going on here? Thanks for any advice..

Hi Mark, I might do a litte bit of trouble shooting. For example: Have you tried taking a picture while the LCD screen is switched off? Do you then get the same result? Do you have the possibility of using a different lens? Is the problem still there? Have you taken out the batteries for a minute an put them back in? Also, try to take a picture with the cap on the lens. Just some thoughts...

Steffen, Thank you so much for your suggestions. I did try removing the battery for over a min and replaced it with an official Canon battery (the original one). I flipped the LCD screen around so it faced the back of the camera and was not visible. Still no luck in producing a digital image. I don't have another lens at the moment but will be able to borrow my daughter's soon. I will still continue to research the problem. Thanks again. Mark

I have this same problem. It started yesterday. My camera -- a 70D -- has not suffered any trauma. I have tried the steps suggested by Steffen. Additionally, I have cleaned the lens and camera body contacts, used the camera to clean the sensor and have reformated my card. This is my first problem with this camera after a year of use. Also, I did get some error messages yesterday, just before the camera stopped working altogether -- I think because the battery died. Alas, I did not note any identifying numbers. At the time, I assumed it was a flash error. That has happened in the past when the pop-up flash hits the brim of my ball cap.

PC Laptop Batteries

Batteries for all the top PC brands, backed by our Quality Guarantee.

PC Laptop Batteries

Same thing has happened to my 70D :-(

Mark Haddon will be eternally grateful.