turn off predictive text mode in settings

this morning I bought my dad (who is not computer minded at all) a simple cell phone too replace the old one. This new cellphone is a Alcatel 2051D. This is not a smartphone.

For sending text messages there is this problem.

Predictive text mode must be turned off, Otherwise its too confusing for him. THe only way I found to change the text mode is by pressing * a few times. But that would be too confusing for my parents.

I don't find a place in the setting to turn off preditive text.

Can anyone help me?

Kind regards

Same problem. Totally confused. What the idiot made t9 as default not only in messages but also in Contacts??? Software is awful, contacts on SIM and Phone mixed together. It must be simple Phone. Alkatel? Wont buy this brand never again.

I bought the same phone to my mum. She cannot read small letter font. But i am confused there is no way I can increase the font. Can any one advice me

Most Helpful Answer

Try turning off the "Prediction" . long press the key with this symbol "a✓" , usually it is near the "space" key

There is no such key?

I had the same challenge, being totally flummoxed by total lack of documentation.

However, if you watch the text in the upper right corner of the text window, you will see an indication of which "shift" the phone is in along with the count of characters entered/remaining. There is around ten of them. If supplied with a magnifier, your parents might be able to follow them. What the difference is should be easy to describe, perhaps except for the two predictive case shifts.

Do it in message screen. Click "*" button few times and look at text in upper right corner. Change this text to "abc" - thats all. You have disable T9 mode.

This only disable predictive text for that message NOT for every message which is what people want. Alcatel say predictive text is a "feature of this phone" and can not be permanently turned off

Shockwave will be eternally grateful.