This is the Acer Chromebook launched in 2014 and uses the ChromeOS. The model number is CB3-111-C670 .

Wifi is disabled and cannot be re-enabled

So recently my Chromebook was not connecting to any networks. When I went to look at the connections, it said that the Wi-Fi was turned off, and the button to turn it on was not present at all. Upon clicking on 'Settings', the Wi-Fi network was listed as 'Disabled', but when I went to click on it, it does not give any options to re-enable it. What's wrong with it?

Most Helpful Answer

I went to get this fixed and they said it needs a hardware reset this is basically what they did : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejC_h-l7...

How much was the repair?

I had this exact problem. I even took it to a pc repair shop and they said the WiFi chip may be faulty but they replaced it and it still didn't work! I bought a cheap ethernet to usb cable from eBay and plugged it in and now it's working! The WiFi is still disabled but I can use it now through plugging it into the ethernet cable at home.

Same problem here. This worked for me.

https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/c...

How much was the repair?

Try to put the date and time correct if you dont have It yet, and let me know on its goes!

After dealing with this issue for years on my daughters school Chromebook (ASUS brand) I finally was able to fix the issue by opening it up and placing a tiny paper washer underneath the screw to raise the wireless card just slightly, now it works great. To verify unscrew the wireless card but leave plugged in, it should sit at a slight angle in the connector, then power up and see if it works.

Why my chtome book is not connent to wfi

Why. Chrombook is nor connent to wfi

supadude543 will be eternally grateful.