The front panel assembly cables are overheating after a repair

After completing a repair i was reassembling a repair, and once it was put back together the front pannel cable areas became very hot. What is the cause of this and how can i stop it?

If you can feel excess heat, then something is shorting or pulling excessive current. Take the screen off, inspect the connectors, inspect the small parts in the screen assembly and re-assemble. You may have a faulty replacement screen or incorrectly mated the connectors.

If you notice anything odd, then report back with more details and we will be happy to help.

This usually is a result of a short in the FFC flex caused by using metal tweezers.

When I am elected king...I will ban people from using metal tools on electronics.

@joshw now I'm in trouble... ;>)

Nick Genco will be eternally grateful.