Repair and disassembly guides for Epson printer.

Why does my Epson printer not copy

My Epson printer WF-2650 will not photocopy, the error message reads: "The Paper Source Setting Is Invalid" do you have any suggestions?

Try changing paper type in setup from plain to matte this worked on my wf-2750

I will give this a shot tonight.

Thanks Christopher Burdett, that worked on my WF-2750 also.

I have the wf-2630

Praise the Epson answer God....been trying to print a simple single copy on this Epson WF-2750 (used to have XP-310).....changing to matte setting was the ticket!!!!! TY!

I know its not an exact match but maybe this might help

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CE36201~faq...

I have the Epson workforce 2630 have tried everything to copy but keeps saying paper source invalid. Driving me made!!!!!

I'VE GOT IT! Borderless option is NOT supported with plain paper! (Who knew?)

Hit Home

Select Copy

Switch layout option to WITH BORDER

COPY!!! HOORAY!

Cheers works a treat with my XP420 and I suspect will work with all Epson printers. Thanks for tip.

Works for my WF-2660. Many thanks! Thought it was heading for the rubbish!

Thanks Alice Wins!! Driving me crazy

Most Helpful Answer

I changed to print with border and now printer copies fine from panel.

I found the remedy from another website and it worked. Also it does not print a border .

I changed the borderless option to border and it worked. I found this tip online. Prior to this I had called Epson and the rep said I needed to pay $50 for s new driver.

It worked for me too, but not from the glass platform.

Thank you thank you. It was driving me potty! Solved now.

Thanks , this worked for me also.

Thank you so much. Worked on this for most of the day. Searched thru you tube and the epson manual to no avail. Can finally print again! Just have to buy some ink

Yes, same here. I went around and around through the settings, getting no where until I read this post. I changed the settings to "With Border/A4/Actual Size" and it copied. Only the bottom right edge of my copy shows a trace-about 1.5 cm, of a border that wasn't on the original. Ridiculous! Thankfully this was not anything that needed to be "perfect" in appearance. It isn't my machine so I don't have access to a manual, but you would thing making copies would be simpler!

-DocZ

This solved this problem. My base opinion of this machine after five days is it is a piece of crap - from inaccurate instructions in the manual to downloading drivers for Mac.

I totally agree I hate this stupid printer Mac user also. I have court Monday have tons to print it was printing pretty good after I had to install the drivers AGAIN then all of a sudden all sorts of settings just changed on it's own 2 hrs later still not working. It's garbage!

Awesome Who knew? You did!

But-I don't know whether to use the up/down or left/right arrows to make the selection. I get pretty good prints from my word processing software and the internet, but still can't print from the glass.

It SUCKS.

I no longer know if it was worth it to ditch the cartridges. Maybe I should have gotten a Laser Printer.

I think I'm going back to a regular printer..any company that makes something so difficult ought to be out of business. I love the printer when it is working correctly..the copies are beautiful and I love the fact that I can purchase the ink to fill as needed but the aggravation of not being able to figure it out and make it work is not worth the convenience of not purchasing an ink cartridge. I paid over 300.00 back in the early fall plus a contract for 2 extra years on this machine. I wished I had kept my other printer..it never ever gave me any issues..it was a hewlett packard and a darn good one.

Also having this problem with Epson XP320. Found that "with border" was the only way to change setting to "plain paper," which was apparently my problem, as just changing to "with border" alone, would not do it. This problem occurred only recently, after a software update.

Incredible!! I followed the steps and bingo back in business. I was going insane with this error. THANK YOU for helping me retain my grey matter. Deb wintersith

Hi, I tried most of these suggestions, on my WF-2630 but none worked. It refused to copy, or let me change the paper source/size/type settings relating to copying! Then I went into Set Up/Printer Settings/ Paper Source Settings, and clicked down on A4/Letter Switching and found another option to switch paper size error reporting off! Changed that and everything working perfectly!

MICHAEL HINZ will be eternally grateful.