Colorful vertical stripes on iPhone screen

My iPhone 6 screen suddenly started displaying colorful vertical stripes (photo here), but the touch is responsive. I have tried restarting and resetting the phone, but there must be a hardware issue.

I have also tried opening the phone and making sure the screen connectors are not loose. Took it to a local repair store and the guy told me that the "graphics IC" is broken and needs to be replaced. But apparently there is no such thing as the graphics IC in iPhone. Does anybody know what needs to be replaced?

Has another screen been tested on there?

No, could it be the screen?

It might be touch disease

No this is probably not "touch disease". I googled it and two main symptoms are the gray bar at the top of the screen and unresponsive touch, neither of which is present in my phone.

iPhone 6 LCD Screen and Digitizer

iPhone 6 Front Panel Assembly Replacement

iPhone 6 LCD Screen and Digitizer Image

Its Display Problem

Replace New Display

Note ; There ll Be No Issue with Graphic Ic or anyother things

Hope It Works

Varun

Please try to replace the display, you could have a bad LCD or it could be damage on the LCD connector on motherboard. But i would try to replace LCD assembly first .

Took it to a local repair store and the guy told me that the "graphics IC" is broken and needs to be replaced

He only want to charge you big bucks $$$ for something that isn't broken, just put a new screen first.

Thanks a lot everyone, I'm definitely gonna try a new screen first. I'll report the result.

Alireza will be eternally grateful.