a compact 'Travel Zoom' camera announced on January 31, 2007 as the successor to the TZ2.

no image on LCD

the LCD displays settings etc. correctly, but no image. Everything else appears to be OK.

please help!

Hi, Can you take a picture (I know you cannot see it in the screen) and then see if it is OK when you download it to a pc?

Hi jayeff,

thanks for your prompt response.

I have just tried that and the result is a black screen, no image.

Faulty CCD? Loose connection?

Jay Eff I have just now encountered on my Panasonic DMC- TZ3 a blank rear screen ., IT does however take pictures.. THE Blank Rear LED Screen is real Faint.. Of Course the First time I ever dropped it, while in the case did Not help Matters as it was working fine this Morning ..... I love the Camera

Jay , my camera still takes, receives, Flashes all pictures ,, but the Rear Screen, I have to put a Light on from another source to see the Menu ... DOES THIS MEAN a LAMP, or LED SCreen Problem ?

It seems most likely that you have a faulty CCD sensor.

Here is a link to a video that shows how to replace the CCD sensor in your camera. It is in German but the video is self explanatory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coM_V7kg...

Here is a link to a supplier of the CCD sensor. It is not a recommendation to use the seller, it is merely shown to give an idea of the cost of the part and a close up view of what it looks like. There are others online that may suit you better. just search for panasonic lumix dmc-tz3 ccd sensor

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-New-ima...

Hopefully this is of some help.

Hi @wisconsingary ,

Assuming that the menu options are also not easily visible you could check that the LCD and / or backlight flex cables have not been jarred loose from the motherboard connector.

It it all appears to be OK then hopefully it may be a faulty LCD screen/backlight and not a problem on the motherboard. By your description "... Screen is real Faint.....", it is more likely to be the backlight that is the problem (smaller flex cable). Even if it is it cannot be repaired as it is integral to the LCD screen, which would have to be replaced

Here is a link to the ifixit Panasonic Camera DMC-TZ3 LCD DISPLAY Replacement guide (or a You Tube video if you prefer) that shows how to replace the LCD screen.

The screen is available online, Just search for Panasonic DMC- TZ3 LCD screen replacement part to get results for suppliers that suit you best.

UPDATE

Hi @wisconsingary ,

It means that there is a backlight problem.

If the problem is found to be in the screen and not the flex cable connection or the motherboard, then the LCD screen will have to be replaced, as the backlight is integral to the LCD screen and is not a separate repairable component.

As a DIY repair it may be easier to replace the screen first and hope that the problem is in the screen than to try and find out if the power is being supplied to the backlight or not. Without a schematic, there is the potential to cause more problems whilst testing.

Ernst/Mada Brinkmann will be eternally grateful.