The fourth-generation Surface Pro tablet, released October 26th, 2015.

Source A Replacement WiFi Antenna?

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of doing my first screen replacement on a Surface Pro 4

I've got the screen off and disconnected all the cables without an issue following the guide here but I accidentally snapped one of the WiFi antennas during the screen removal.

The only website I can find for the part is :-

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Microsoft-...

However they are out of stock

Anybody know another place I can get one? Tried searching for the part number (X939878) online but that's the only useful website that comes up.

Help!

What is the length and does it have mini coaxial connectors at the ends? You should take a good picture of it and especially the connector.

Any good news. Have same issue

I have the same issue,. Screen crack made it nearly impossible to remove without damaging. Did either of you try without. Was wondering if it just wont work or the signal levels will just drop?

I'm waiting on my replacement screen and then i'll put it all back together and check.

I'm HOPING that i'll be lucky on this one as I still have 1 complete antenna and 70% of the second one, I've only broken about a third of the connector!

I'll update here when my new screen arrives!

I had a extremely frustrating call with Microsoft today. After being passed around more than a joint in 70's. They tell me they do NOT sell internal replacement parts to customers or professionals. Rep said they consider opening the device tampering anyway. What a joke! I also contacted Power Medic and the rep said they haven't had the part in stock for months and don't plan on getting it in anytime soon.

I reconstructed the destroyed antenna out of aluminum foil and double-sided tape.

I have no idea if it's actually working, but I like to think so. ;-)

Details on my blog:

https://blog.kamens.us/2017/05/10/lesson...

Your awesome!!

I used aluminum foil as well and everything seems to be working. Good

I'm in the same boat. Replaced the cracked screen on my SP4 and shredded the antenna getting the old screen off. Basically nothing left on either side of the top of the antenna bar - just the contacts on the bottom. I've been using the SP4 with the new screen taped in place, hoping I can find an antenna before sealing it up. WiFi and Bluetooth both seem to be working fine; I don't know how to check signal strength...

Main lesson I've learned is that I wish I had bought the MSoft warranty with the SP4. Having lived with the SP4 for only a couple months, I feel that the warranty is a pretty good value.

I’ve just finished a Surface Pro 4 and the left antenna was destroyed when removing the shards of the original screen.

Its actually fairly straightforward to create a new antenna using copper tape with conducting adhesive.

Remove the antennas unit (4 screws) and cover the area where the broken antenna was and tape round to the underside so the pins on the logic board touch the tape.

I added 4 layers of tape to the section where the pins touch the antenna and also bent the pins up slightly to be sure they’ll cotact the tape.

Wasn’t all that difficult, don’t bother looking for a replacement antenna, this will be much quicker.

Alex Smallwood will be eternally grateful.