Skip to main content

Model A1318 / 32 or 64 GB capacity

295 Questions View all

What is the plastic surround?

I am trying to do the battery replacement. In the process the front glass cracked. I got it off, but am thinking now I have to replace it.

I read this in the guide:

. If the plastic surround is not flush with the front face of the glass panel, gently peel it off and stick it down.

What is the plastic surround? Is it on the front panel or in the back? IS it the thin rubber like thingie between the case of the front panel and the shiny back case? I don't know what to peel off and stick down if I don't know what it is!

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score -1


What guide are you following and what step of the guide is that from?


Front panel, step 8, third bullet point.


Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

The correct term for this part is mid frame bezel gasket. The digitizer glass is adhered to this with double sided adhesive and it is the part that actually snaps back into the frame. More likely than not you will need to replace it each time when removing the digitizer glass. You can buy the entire assembly pre assembled here:

iPod touch (3rd Gen) Front Panel Assembly

Good luck and please get back to us with how you did.

iPod touch (3rd Gen) Front Panel Assembly Image


iPod touch (3rd Gen) Front Panel Assembly


Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Sunshine will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 1,527