Wash Motor Not Working

Whirlpool GU2700XTSQ fills with water but wash pump does not circulate water. When I start a cycle water fills the unit and can be seen in the bottom of the inside of the dishwasher. After a few minutes of the display of "time remaining" showing a linear symbol that rotated clockwise I heard the soap dispenser door open and the "time remaining" display is counting down from 62 minutes. No sounds or vibration are emitted from the dishwasher during the wash cycle. At the end of the timed wash cycle the water drains from the unit as expected.

I removed the wash pump and the unit can be made to spin inside when the gear is turned. I attached a multi meter and the resistance of the motor was ZERO. I tested the ground and there was no reading on the meter. The wash w motor capacitor looks normal without discoloration or bulging.

What should I look at next?

Thanks,

Paul

With the power removed from the dishwasher, can you test the continuity of the connection from the control board to the wash pump motor?

As your motor seems to test OK (ZERO Ohms is OK apparently and it is not s/c to earth) then the power to the motor is missing either due to a wiring fault (connector problem possibly) between the control board and the motor or because of a fault on the control board, software or hardware.

Here is a link to a website where in post #2 there is a link to an attachment which I think has the tech specs and possibly the diagnostic test information. I say think because you have to register to view the attachment (Attached Images GU2700 -1.pdf).

Hopefully if you register (it seems free) you will be able to access it and get better information on testing your dishwasher.

http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/dish...

Here is a link to the parts for your dishwasher. although it seems that you may be 1 or 2 digits short in the full number you posted as there seem to be more model variants with differing last 2 extra digits. It is just shown to give you an idea of the price if the control board is your problem.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/search...

Thank you for your input.

Paul Mercier will be eternally grateful.