Bose Soundlink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II was originally released in September 2012 as an upgrade from the original device. It has an effective range of 30 feet and a battery life of up to 8 hours.

Can I set this to be always on?

According to Bose, there is no way to turn off the "auto-off" feature. I'd like to use my speaker though as a permanent connection for an Amazon Echo Dot and it would be convenient to leave the speaker connected to power and always on. Is there a way I can mod the internals to make this possible?

I may have found a solution. I have my soundlink connected to my dot via a 3.5mm chord. I pressed the reset button on the back of the soundlink until the wifi icon turned constant orange. I think that this put the soundlink in a perpetual wifi pairing mode in which the power save function is disabled. Hope this helps. If you find a schematic, please post!

I'm not seeing a reset button on the back of mine. You sure you have a SoundLink II?

Hi--Is this solution still working for you?

They have updated the software on the newer bose speakers.

Well done that man, the reset into permanent pairing mode worked great. Obviously can't use it as a Airplay WiFi speaker but a good work around. Saves me ditching a beautiful sounding but limited usefulness Speaker

Dan Rabinowitz will be eternally grateful.