Bose Soundlink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II was originally released in September 2012 as an upgrade from the original device. It has an effective range of 30 feet and a battery life of up to 8 hours.

Can I set this to be always on?

According to Bose, there is no way to turn off the "auto-off" feature. I'd like to use my speaker though as a permanent connection for an Amazon Echo Dot and it would be convenient to leave the speaker connected to power and always on. Is there a way I can mod the internals to make this possible?

I may have found a solution. I have my soundlink connected to my dot via a 3.5mm chord. I pressed the reset button on the back of the soundlink until the wifi icon turned constant orange. I think that this put the soundlink in a perpetual wifi pairing mode in which the power save function is disabled. Hope this helps. If you find a schematic, please post!

I'm not seeing a reset button on the back of mine. You sure you have a SoundLink II?

Hi--Is this solution still working for you?

They have updated the software on the newer bose speakers.

Dan Rabinowitz will be eternally grateful.