A foldable, compact drone with 4K video capabilities, first released in November 2016.

One engine not spinning

My drone crashed into the beach.. had a mind of its own I had no control.

Now one of the front engines doesnt spin freely and shut down after I attempt to fly it.

What do I do?

Regards,

Coln

do I need to ship this to you to fix it?

Are you the the service department for Mavic Pro?

How much is a new motor?

One of the three tabs the propeller uses to lock in place is probably broken off and lodged into the motor housing. Just remove the propeller and try to remove the broken plastic tab and it should spin freely again. The other option is the motor shaft is bent, or the cylindrical housing is bent disallowing the motor to spin freely. Mine had the tab broken upon impact. good luck to anyone with the problem. The motors are not sold individually [yet] so the option is to replace the arm, between $45 and $80 depending on which arm and the supplier. The process requires soldering the new arm in place.

Most Helpful Answer

The motor needs to be replaced. A damaged bearing or bent motor shaft IS repairable, only to experienced repair techs, and is near impossible for your average repair novice to achieve.

Unfortunately, DJI has soldered the motor leads onto the logic board. If you don't know how to solder, this makes the repair that much more difficult. iFixit has not created any repair guides for the Mavic Pro, only a teardown. Please know that a teardown is NOT a repair guide, and that any instructions used in a teardown may make it near impossible to put back together.

Colin Wilson will be eternally grateful.