My iPhone 6S+ camera won't stop shaking?

The camera on my iPhone 6S+ has recently begun shaking uncontrollably for absolutely no reason whenever the app is open. Video timelapse, everything is affected the same way, no matter what app is used. I've scoured the internet looking for others having the same problem, and I have found plenty of *6+* users but no 6S+ phones affected. Does anyone have a quick fix or do I need to send the phone back?

Same issue happening here. I can actually hear the lens stabilization failing. I have a appointment at Apple on Friday. I am out of warranty but I am hoping they replace as my rear camera is completely useless now. Also in a separate issue, I have seen a significant performance drop recently. Fingers crossed.

Same issue happening to me. Did you resolve?

Hey guys did you fix the camera?

I have the same issue for my 6s+..

I brought it in to Apple and they wanted $55 for repair, which they said may or may not actually fix it. I am a bit !#^&@@ they couldn't provide me with a camera that lasts two years, so I declined to give them more money. I can wait until I pay this off and upgrade.

Sidenote, I have had iPhones since the 1st gen and this model in particular has been the absolute worst in terms of bugs and now severe hardware issues.

I fixed the problem!! I hope it works for you guys, but just tap repeatedly on the back of your phone where the camera sensor is, hard, but not to hard to damage the camera.

Well, Apple does have a program, replacing these cameras for 6+. You could ask Apple if they'd be willing to do it for yours

Thank you, Uncle @mayer

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plu...

Do you have a link to that program?

dude hes talking about 6S+

Ok person that can't be identified, they still have a program for it. And thank you again @mayer my answer is way better afteer your suggestion

Were you successful in having your phone repaired or replaced?

They are not willing to do so. (source: I called Apple about this issue this morning and they told me the 6S+ does not qualify.)

So interesting i put a magnet in front, on the upper right hand of the screen just opposite the rear camera and it completely stops the shaking. My camera works just like new! I got the magnet from an old ipad case (you know the really thin ones, and coin sized.) cut it into a smaller piece And stuck it underneath my iphone case and voila! The shaking is completely gone! Just a temporary fix anyway until i get a new phone some time in the future.

Thanks. It works for me too. As soon as a magnet comes close to the front side of the backside camer the shaking stops. Strange but a cheap solution :)

See my permanent fix somewhere here. Guaranteed to work.

the magnet trick worked for me as well on my 6S+

Thanks.

Even just holding a magnet behind the backfacing camera (against the screen ) for a second fixes the problem of the shaking. The picture stays still after removing the magnet.

My analysis is that the top speaker is interfering with the camera. I think a part of the camera freezes in the starting position due to magnetic force.

Bring another magnet nearby changes the the camera part to unfreez3 and function normally.

When it is in the restposition foR a while if freezes up again

Here is something interesting. After I updated to IOS10.3.3, this issue happened.

Same thing happened to me when I updated IOS, but to iOS 11 beta. I pretty sure it’s the optical image stabilizer because when I use 3rd party apps the camera is fine.

Just try a third party app and turns out the problem cannot be solved

Called Apple they are acting like they’ve never heard of this problem on the 6s+. They replaced the camera and still shaking, said I need to pay $300+ to fix it. Clearly I’m not the only one my phone also started after ios11 and the magnet on the front fixes it. So it will remain taped on. Apple needs to admit they have a problem and fix them for free

Same problem here. But I never updated the iOS cause I don't have enough memory.

Does Anyone have a solution to this problem?

For $15 just replace the camera. It fixed the issue.

Thank you for the $15 most helpful explanation

It didn’t fix mine. We installed 2 different rear facing cameras, (new of course) and instead of shaking they were just black! We watched the instruction video several times before removing the old camera and followed directions to the tee, but nothing but black! We removed it and tried again but once again it showed just black. We returned it and ordered another new camera from a different vendor (both vendors had high ratios and both cameras were OEM) but the exact same thing happened! Each time, when we removed the new camera and put the original camera back in, it would go back to shacking and blurriness! Bizarre!

It could possibly be that you hit the sensor of the camera while replacing it

Any updates? I have the same problem

Same problem this sucks

Same with my iphone 6plus.. I check in apple if my phone is eligible..Upon clicking,,it was replaced and not eligible. Is there's any solution so the shaking camera disappear. Do i need to replace the camera. Please help me on this.Thanks

I had this issue with my 6S+ as well. I had AppleCare, but my warranty was expired by a few days. Apple employee told me that the 6S was not part of the eligible program affecting the iPhone 6. They offered to replace my camera anyway, and now my phone works fine.

P.S. - My phone is jail broken so I originally had concerns it might be software related, but it definitely appears to be hardware. Removed my jailbreak and restored my phone before taking it in. They did not update my phone or ask about jailbreak. Hope that helps anyone interested...

How did u jailbreak and what software did u use can u email it to me pleaseeee vmsouva@gmail.com

I have the same issue, tried tapping the camera area in all ways, still didnt work. But i found this solution somewhere in youtube, Put a magnet on the opposite side of your front camera (top right of the screen you are looking at right now) the magnet, will magically, drop diamonds from the sky lol

It works for me too

THIS TOTALLY WORKED!!!! Thank you so much!!

Awesome! Worked for mine as well!!

Worked!!!!! Ur a genius

Works for me while the magnet is near to the zone, but when i remove the magnet, the shaking is back.

I downloaded a third party camera app and it works fine. The one I downloaded is called MuseCam. That makes me believe the issue is somehow software related rather hardware. My lens is shaking so hard when using the original Apple camera app that I can here the shaking noise. Like if there is a fly caught inside the phone! Looking at the lense closer also reveals how violently it is shaking.

Anyways, from now on I will use that third party camera app.

Material:iPhone 6S+. 128Gb. iOS 11.3.1.

Does the MuseCam app let you shoot videos? or just photos?

Just tried this app , shaking still there but not so violent.

Pictures ok.

I have an iPhone 7 and my camera looks like it's just vibrating or shaking. Is there anything I can do to fix it with out calling Apple

tap the camera with your fingers a few times it MAY solve the problem some time

Does replacing the rear camera fix this issue?

I had a client come in yesterday and had the shaking camera. Upon closer inspection of the functions of the phone, I found the compass wasn't reading correctly. I used a magnet as suggested by @Gibbz Arcilla and it fixed the shaking camera and the compass. I believe it is a board level problem. The customer did use the magnet for the future so I was unable to diagnose the actual problem. Side note the phone was ripped apart when I received it so it could be anything. As soon as you reboot the phone or close the application the problems come back. So my customer is going to tape it to the glass.

But I don’t have a magnet

Purchased a tempered glass case that fitted via tiny magnets ,not cheap approx 32$ .

This has proved to have caused the wobble on my iPhone 6s Plus .

Awaiting reply from supplier for a refund

Ma iphone7+ Camera shakes when am trying to take a photo.. pls is there any solution to this

Remove the phone case/cover or adjust it and it will stop

Download this app MuseCam. My camera is not shaking anymore.

Lincoln Hoffman will be eternally grateful.