Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Error E100 - No Disk Drive In Console

Can you run an Xbox One without a disk drive? I just want to make sure this is normal. I am getting an error at start up [E100-XXX-XXX-XXX] (The X's representing random numbers)

Also, I have been hearing mixed results from family and friends on getting a new disk drive. I am being told that you have to have the original drive of that xbox in order for you to replace it, but I don't have the original drive at all. (I bought it online as a unit without a hard drive or a disc drive - [I reformatted and coded a 1tb hard drive which does work - I tested it out on another system, and reformatted it again just in case i get any more errors on my current console]. Can I get a disk drive online, and would that work?

Try this

Go to the Xbox One System Update Solution.

Select I am getting an error message or an error code.

Select I am getting an error code.

Scroll down the screen and select E100 XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX.

Follow the instructions in Step 4 to successfully update your console.

I have tried everything on their website, and also called customer support. I have tried everything that is available online. I don't know if it correlates with the device not having a disk drive or not. Also, this is the "day one" edition of the console, and does not have the dashboard update. When I start up the console, I do not get a green screen with the xbox logo, all i get is a long pause of black, and afterwards a black screen with white letters showing the error, and to call Xbox Customer Support in 20 different languages. I've tried both the old offline system update and the new one that is on the help form now.

delaroFeb 17, 2015, 2:28 AM

If you installed all your games to the Hard Drive you can bypass the Drive if your didn't then you have a problem. Generally the Drive is only used for first time install if you have the right options on. Out of warranty you can get your drive fixed for around $70, Game Stop might want more

Get a new Xboxone. Thats what I did just switched all my info onto the new one and trashed my old one.

Teknonerdz Blogger will be eternally grateful.