Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

How to Re-attach cable plug 1

I've replaced the screen on my iphone 3G. I've put it all back together working the directions backwards, but I can't get the last cable (labeled "1") reattached.

Can I please get some advice regarding lining this plug up so I can get it back in place?

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

if you look from the side you will be able to line up the 2 connecting parts, you will feel it click into place. it shouldn't need too much pressure. It may be that you have ordered the part for a 3gs instead which will not fit the connector even though it will fit the display assembly. measure the connectors to see if they are the same size (3gs is smaller)-i'm not 100% sure if they have the same number of pins but you could also try counting to see.

Jim will be eternally grateful.