Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Why is my tv switching channels automatically in every second?

As soon as my philips real flat tv gets switched on, its channels are getting switching automatically from channel 1 to channel 200 and AV channel automatically. I am not getting a stationary channel.

Hi, What is the model number of your Philips TV?

To add to @dabrien 's answer, there may also be a channel up/down button on the TV that you may wish to check as well.

The tv remote channel changing button is probably jammed, sorry, i don't have that problem, and i don't know what else to do besides, send you ideas.

You might want to check out You Tube, they have videos assdressing this problem

@anish ,Anish, Remove batteries from remote to verify that the channel select button on remote is not stuck. If still changing channels check the channel button on TV itself, press the channel button several times quickly/repeatably to see if it is stuck and will start working. If this does not do it, try a reset, hold down the menu button on the top or side of your TV for at least 10-15 seconds. A on screen menu will appear asking you to enter the time, date and location settings. Follow the on screen instructions, and once completed your TV will reset to factory settings. If TV under warranty return for repair/replacement/refund as the board inside TV may be faulty. If out of warranty, with TV unplugged, wait a couple hours and remove back and locate wires going to the on board channel changing switch/button and unplug it. Re assemble TV and see if it will stop changing channels and work off remote, if it does you know the switch /button assy. is faulty. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

@anish could be your IR board. Anything will only be a guess until you let us know what model your Philips TV is.

anish varghese will be eternally grateful.