Nvidia's new iteration of the Shield Tablet line. Released in November 2015, this tablet is optimized for gaming and runs Android OS.

Why won't my Nvidia Shield K1 charge at all

Why won't my Nvidia Shield K1 charge. It is plugged in and not charging at all. Even when it would charge, the battery life was minimal.

Most Helpful Answer

The most likely cause of your issue is a damaged Micro USB port. I have seen this issue from multiple different people including my own personal device. Insufficient support around the micro USB port allows for movement and subsequent damage to the port resulting in poor (if any) connection to the cable. I found that the only solution to this problem for myself, aside from replacing the port, was to put downward pressure on the cable (meaning push the cables connector away from the screen side of the device). This will work temporarily to charge the device. The only real solution I have found is to completely replace the micro USB port. Detailed instructions can be found here ( Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 Micro USB Port Replacement ). As for the short battery life, this is a direct result of the power and performance of the device itself and the need for a larger battery. You can thank Nvidia for that one (Lol). If you have rooted your device I would suggest using a kernel control app (I personally use the app "kernel auditor") to adjust the parameters of the CPU and GPU. If done correctly you can almost double the lifespan of a fully charged battery without any real noticeable loss in performance. Best of luck!!

blitzwing2301 will be eternally grateful.