Small Ribon Cable from Logic Board to Screen snapped. Please See Image

There is a ribbon cable running from the logic board to the Display which has snapped in my laptop. I am after a replacement and would like to know exactly what the cable is if anybody can help me out and possibly suggest where i can get the component that would be much appreciated.

Block Image

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

It is part of the keyboard backlight (light for the keyboard), so you will have to remove the logic board and remove the black cover on the back of the keyboard to replace this.

Go to eBay and type "A1398 keyboard backlight", should be about £6-£12. Look for a genuine one, where the front uses a silver foil material instead of a white plastic material, since this will distribute light evenly.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2
Add a comment

Add your answer

Luke Butler will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 45