The JBL Charge 3 can be recognized by its distinct woven speaker cover and rubber accents. It was released in 2016 and features a fully waterproof design, 20 hours of playback time, and bluetooth connectivity.

Only turning on while plugged in

I recently bought a JBL charge 3. Since today, it won't turn on when it's not plugged in. I didn't blow it and the battery is full (all 5 light are on). How can I fix this or do I have to go back to the store?

ive got the same problem, i tryed everthing.

It turns of thats all.

I have the same problem. Tried everything. I press the power button but blue light turns on for one second and then turns off. The white blinking light is constantly on. It won’t charge. Completely brand new arrived yesterday and it worked for 10 min and battery dieded.when I turn it on and press Bluetooth and volume up it completely turns off and I unplugged it and it’s just black. When I plug it back in white light comes back

just did the update… it killed myJBL Charge 3 no power after update.

1) my device is fully charged.

2) i tried every combination possible… no good!

There is no lights out power and the charge does nothing to help… I've tried plugged in and not plugged in… no good.

it's totally dead :-(

Same problem here :( Now I'm trying to find any solution, hopefully there is a way to fix it somehow...

Same problem here I’ve tried everything, is it maybe a hardware problem where something has to be fixed/replaces?

If your JBL Charge 3 speaker is not playing sounds, lighting up, or turning on at all, see the JBL Charge 3 Won’t Turn On problem page for possible problems and solutions.

You need to charge your JBL and when the power button turns on you have to press the volume+ and the connect button at the same time until it shuts off.

Then you pull the cable out and start it.

Brilliant it worked, tried lots of other ways recommended and this was the only one that worked. Thank you

I tried it but it's still not turning in blue light mode only white

Thank you, It worked!

Hi all,

I did the method posted by elias and paulogutobh got the blinking red lights and the power button turns blue The unplugged and hit the power button and still no power. I am guessing the battery needs to be replaced? I got this unit second hand.

Easy fix for this is

Hold volume+ and that one for left side like 15 secs its should show you same red light but after that its successfull working. Its like somekind of child mode

I have seems multiple posts of different button combos being held for 10s to reset demo mode. My fix was the BT button and the “play” (right triangle) button. Try different buttons paired together for 10s and the power light goes out as it powers down and then you can hit power and it will be operational. So many people have been saying the batteries are dead but I have 5 of these and never once has the battery been the issue. Good luck!

Pressing the volume+ and the connect plus button together for a few second whilst it was plug in with the white light ON worked on my Jbl boombox.Thanks

This fixed this problem for me. All of the sudden the JBL would not function and power down once unplugged. After this it worked again.

My boombox i bought it brand new it won't power at all. no light indicator on even plugged in nothing happen any helps pls

It worked for me, thanks!

That solution worked for my JBL FLIP 3 !

1) Plug it in

2) Hold Bluetooth pairing + PLAY button for 5/10sec

3) you'll hear The Start up Sound

4) Unplug

Lock mode….if you hold the power and jbl connect button (not the blue tooth button) ten seconds while plugged in it will shut off but the lights should show your batter level…to turn it off you have to repeat the same step and it will return to normal.

This right here solved it. Thank you, I was trying to recycle my jbl flip 4 because it was basically unusable. I tried this and it works like a brand new device with new battery of course.

If you can bring it back to the store do so.

I’ve been dealing with the same issue for few days now. I’ve been using my Flip3 for 3-4 years now, no problems what so ever. All the sudden, it stopped working properly. Only powers up when plugged in, then power button light is white and no other button seems to function. Once cable is detached, it powers off. Not able to connect via bluetooth. I also noticed that the JBL Connect button didn’t click similar to power button. So, I took it apart but did not notice anything wrong inside. Eventually, I got it working while the grill and top cover were off. Once I put the top cover on and tighten the screws, the problem would return. It comes out that I can’t tighten all the top cover screws properly. My guess is that the battery has swollen a bit and once I tighten the top cover screws, it will start constantly pushing the JBL Connect button somehow. So, I did not fully tighten the top cover screws and voila, it works.

From what I know about batteries in any portable device is that if it's swollen, it's no good. And if slightly swollen, it means it's going to be bad very soon. Also, sometimes swollen batteries will leak, causing damage to your device

My symptoms are identical to this. It started when I was trying to reset the JBL as my iPhone could not see it. I pushed the wrong buttons for the reset. It should be the BT button and the + button but I pushed the the wrong two. I think the BT and the - but it could have been the Play and the +. Anyway it stopped working from that moment unless it is plugged in to both sound and power but volume buttons don't work I tried a shut it down reset by disconnecting the battery for a while but no joy.

Mine is onyx studio I just replaced the battery. It flashes for 3sec as if it is charging then shutdown. Very frustrating …

Could it be a bad battery? You may also need to reset the device like I did. I replaced my battery after trying several things….and it was the battery after all :)

Updated firmware from 2 to 2.9 did it on my boombox 1. Tried all combinations f buttons without luck before this. Probobly this disabled the "child mode"

Hi..

I had the same issue with my New JBL Boombox..White LED is turning on when charger connected and device start up with start up sound.. No other functions were working.. Straight turn off when unplug the charger..

Tried many JBL reset attempts.. But was unsuccessful..

Thanks for the above answers..

I pressed the “JBL Connect" button ( Not the Bluetooth) and Volume + button together while charger is on for 10 Sec. Unbelievable….!! Unit turn off the power.. Removed the charger and turn on power as usual.. All good now.. All functions are working..!!!

Thanks again Guyssss …

Very happy and Enjoying my Boombox again..

I followed all the instruction but still can't fix my issue… my flip 3 works normally while plugged. When not plugged it works while you keep holding the power button… once you release it, turns off automatically…

Fadeux will be eternally grateful.