12.1 Megapixel point and shoot digital camera released by Sony in 2009.

Camera will not retain date/time

When I power up my Sony W230 it gives me the option to set the clock and date or bypass it altogether. I set the date and time. I can then take photos. If I power it off and then on again, I get the same screen for setting the clock and date from. I have changed battery to freshly charged one... Reset to original settings... Formatted card... Switched out cards... Removed battery overnight... Nothing works. My camera continuously reverts back to Jan 1, 2009 12AM. If I set the clock and then take pics, the date and time is already back to Jan 1, 2009. I am assuming this camera has an internal battery which has died. Please help. Thanks

Most Helpful Answer

@treehugger58 you are correct. Your camera uses a RTC battery (Real Time Clock) to retain all the data. That battery is a 1-756-710-12 and is located on the ST-207 board.

Now, if you need to know how to get to it, use this manual DSC-W230 SM

Thanks a million. This W230 is in my HomeBrew trail cam and takes great pics. I appreciate your help

CindiB will be eternally grateful.