The Asus Transformer Book T100TA is a full Windows 8.1 hybrid tablet.

My device says there is no audio output installed

My laptop is an Asus transformer T100TA Windows 8.1 32 bit operating system, x64 based processor.

So.. The other day, I was trying to install windows 10. While it was installing, the screen blacked out and it forced restarted several times. After it stopped restarting, it just cleared all of its data... Windows 10 was not installed... So it basically just factory reset itself... I don't want that happening again so I'm just going to keep Windows 8.

Now, to my problem.. The laptop can't play sounds anymore. When I hover my mouse over the speaker icon in the tool bars, it says "No audio output device is installed." I've spent so much time researching a solution but I've finally given up.

Any help is appreciated :)

Does an audio device or "unknown" device show up in device manager?

Also you could try making a copy of your files with file history and do a fresh install of win 10...

After I installed the chipset and audio drivers, the adio started working normally again. Thanks for the help, @ethreal1 :)

Hi Allen,

I've had the same problem with my T100TAF.

You need two devises to get sound, one Intel one one Realtek.

If the drivers of these devices do not match, you have a problem.

I fixed doing the following:

( I'm using a Dutch version of Windows, so my English menu texts might differ)

First of all don't let windows search for drivers on line.

Go to --This PC--properties --advanced system settings--hardware--settings for device installation.

Select --No let me decide--Never load drivers from Windows Update, deselect --automatic...supplier.

And confirm.

Download from Asus the chipset driver and the audio driver for your tablet and unpack them.

Go to the Device Manager and uninstall anything you find under ---audio video and games--

and also under --audio inputs outputs--

Go to --Action--Look for changed devices--

At this point, the Device Manager shows one Unknown devi

Right click the device and go to --properties--details--.

It will read --ACPI\10EC5642... witch means this is the Realtek device.

Update the driver and navigate to the downloaded Asus audio driver, open the Win8.1 directory chose X86 for 32 bits. Install the driver.

Now, the unknown device has changed it's identity, if you right click anew, the-- path to device instance-- now reads ACPI\80860F28... witch means it is the Intel device.

Install the driver from the chipset directory--Drivers--Audio

You should be able to enjoy your audio by now.

Thank you so much for the help. I have been worrying about this device because I only recently bought this.. Once again, thank you for the help :D

Download Audio_Realtek_Win81_32_VER6296004087

Then install and Restart

After that

Download SOCPackage_Intel_BayT_T100TA_Win81_32_VER112

Then Install and restart

Done All ok ....be :)

Intel atom chipset package must be matched with realtek soft........

excelente respuesta muchas gracias a mi tambien me ayudo mucho en solucionar ese mismo problema

Allen Nguyen will be eternally grateful.