Heavy-duty steam cleaner with 1500 watts of steaming power.

power switch light does not come on

Turn the steam cleaner on and nothing happens.

By this I mean, I have water in canister, the light

indicator is dormant and there is a current going

to steam canister.

Most Helpful Answer

This is how I resolved my issue, I bought my cleaner from Amazon.com. I went back and read the product details, including the online owner’s manual. I notice there is a 60 day warranty. This malfunction happened just before my warranty was up, though I don’t feel time was an issue. Their customer service has an email address support@vornadoairllc.freshdesk.com and they seemed familiar with the issue and very apologetic. They wanted to know the month and year the cleaner was made. That is on the serial number on the bottom of the machine. My machine was made in July 2010. My replacement is October 2010. All they asked I do is sever the power cord and send a picture. I sense some production runs had a defect in either the design or manufacturing process. I hope my replacement lasts. If not, I found another brand that has incredible reviews.

hey mate, would be great to have bit more info, like model, maybe a pic or two

Hi, Look up to the right of the page the info is there

oh, thank you, I'm still figuring how things work here

Were you able to figure this out. I have the same problem and can’t find anyone who knows how to fix it and to be honest I can’t afgord a new one at this time. Please help

The same thing just happened to me. Did you figure it out.? I sent an email to their customer service. A great machine when it works.

Were any answers posted to these questions? Why is this machine suddenly not working for so many of us? All the sudden no light; doesn't heat up... anyone know, or do these machines work a couple times then just stop???

I have the MC1385 and after using it about 5 times the power button stopped working and I noticed a burning plastic smell. I opened it up and the rocker switch was fried/melted!

If customer service does not assist you, go buy a round 3 prong illuminated rocker switch and replace it. It should work.

It’s irritating to spend a lot of money on a product that seems to have this manufacturing defect. A recall should have been made, but that would have been very expensive for the retailer.

How do you open the unit?

Phillips screws on the bottom of unit. My temperature fuse blew out. (AupoBF184) Clamped to bottom of steam assembly

tlc2032 will be eternally grateful.