iPhone 6s Home button problem

Hello! I bought used Iphone 6s. After 1 week, home button and touch id not working. First i was open my 6s, clean home button unplug and again plug in flat for home button - nothing. I bought another one 6s and put home button from new to old 6s and home button worked but touch id not working. Any ideas?

Touch ID from the home button is linked to the phone meaning that only the original home button that came with the phone can have touch ID / finger print scanner working.

Using any other home button aftermarket / original will not allow touch ID to work as the phone will reject it for pairing touch ID as it will have a different ID or none that matches with the board.

I've sold a iPhone 5s no problems with touch ID not working as the home button was replaced. Was in good condition with like only one scratch on the housing refurbished (via screen, battery and home button replacement) to new. Sold for like $250 AUD which I guess isn't too bad.

I obtained the phone by swapping a iPhone 5 white to iPhone 5s black, they were both 16GB.

Most Helpful Answer

If you sell both phones, you can just get a brand new iPhone 7...

Aleksandar Lukic will be eternally grateful.