A 16.1 MP Sony Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens released in September, 2012 and discontinued by the manufacturer.

Why does my camera say cannot recognize lens?

I dropped my camera , it does not have any cracks and it did not break at all but when I tried turning it on it said "cannot recognize lens. Attach it properly "

Jennifer Ruiz try to clean the contacts between the lens and the body carefully with a soft cloth. Make sure that the pins that make contact, are not bend. Sometimes it will reset if you remove the lens and then the battery. Leave the battery out for an hour or so. You could also check to see if you can reset your camera to factory defaults once the lens is removed. Of course, always make sure that you have a fully charged battery.

If you have another lens you could try to check that out. It could be (worst case scenario) a bad lens. It might help if you can let us know what lens you have (SELP1650?)

Consider attaching some images of the lens etc. With your question. That would allow us to see what you see. Use this guide for that

Take it off by pressing and holding the release button and rotating the lens clockwise. Then put it back on by aligning the two white dots and rotating counterclockwise. If that doesn't fix it, just comment down below and I will tell you another fix.

It did not work that way

What do you mean? You aren't being descriptive enough. Are you sure that you have the sony NEX-6?

Jennifer Ruiz will be eternally grateful.