GoPro’s seventh generation camera released in late 2012. Capable of recording 1080p30 video, waterproof to 197', and built-in Wi-Fi.

Automatically Shuts Off After A Few Minutes

My GoPro Hero 3 either doesn't turn on or it automatically shuts off after a few seconds or minutes. At first I thought that the battery had an issue so I bought two more batteries and made sure that they were all fully charged, and when I tried each of them the GoPro still it doesn't stay on. All other functions work without a hitch.

Hey Dounia,

Did you by chance drop your GoPro? It looks like some of our community members have experienced a similar problem. You can read this thread for reference: It keeps turning off and on by itself.

Here are a few things you can try:

• Check if the battery terminal where the + side of the battery is loose and if the spring tension is not holding the battery in place when inserted
  • Replace the battery doors if they are loose
  • Remove the SD card
  • Try a new SD card
  • Upgrade the firmware
  • Open the device and look for any loose connections

Dounia will be eternally grateful.