D1760-2 DECT 6.0 Caller ID Cordless Home phone with caller ID.

How do I retrieve messages?

Can't remember how to retrieve messages...

Pick up the phone and press the message/mute button on the phone. (Click on image to enlarge for better viewing)

.

If your Voicemail (messages) service code has been programmed into the phone it will connect you to your voicemail service to retrieve the message(s).

If the phone has not been programmed with the code by you, go to your phone service provider's website and search for 'How to access voicemail' or something similar. This should give you the code that you have to dial to access your Voicemail service.

To programme the code into your phone if it is not there already:

1. Press the Message/Mute button.

2. You will be prompted to enter your phone provider's Voicemail access code number.

3. When you have finished entering the code number press the Menu/Select button to set the number.

4. The screen will display DONE.

From now on you will only have to press the messages/mute button to access your Voicemail (messages) service

Try the following:

With the phone in standby, press the Menu button then select Global Setup , then VMWI Reset then select Yes

Hopefully this will delete the envelope icon and extinguish the red light.

My envelope icon is still on & red light still flashing...yet I 'm told I have no new messages. Any other ideas that may help?

Claire Fulin will be eternally grateful.