Midrange laptop released by Asus in 2014.

Oval shape appearing on screen

for the last few months i have had this issue with my screen on an Asus Q502LA.

Here is a link to the image I took of it. If you look carefully you can see this Oval shape that looks like its burnt into the screen. I just need help trying to figure out what it is. It is the touch screen, LCD screen, Digitizer? I have never seen this and Asus wants to charge me a fortune to send it to them and figure it out.

https://spare2010.dyndns.org/nextcloud/i...

Any help on this would be great.

Thank you all for your time

-Mark

The only thing that has even been on the laptop when the lid is closed is a mouse. Other than that when its not in use i leave it in a laptop backpack that is padded.

I have tried the contrast settings. it didn't make it look any better.

@gottdestodes did you by any chance put something heavy on the closed laptop after using it for some time. I have seen this happen on machines that someone was using for long enough for the screen to become heated (normal use heat)and then have them close it and pile some books or something heavy on top and imprint on the LCD while its warm. If this is the case the only fix is to either put up with the look of the screen or replace it. You can try fiddling with the contrast setting it may help a bit.

Mark will be eternally grateful.