Repair guides and support for your Sanyo TV.

I have a picture and no sound

I'm trying to figure out why I have a picture and no sound can you help either by telling me were to go or what needs to be replaced the television is only 4years old thank you Donna

Didn’t work for me. Trying again-fingers crossed

Did not work for me. Tv is only 6 months old.

When I have picture with no sound on my Sanyo DP46819, all I do to get sound is pull the plug off the back of the TV or at the cable box, then just re-insert it to get the sound ( audio ) to work. I'm checking out the web for a permanent fix.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

rabbithole9270, There could be a few things causing this issue. 1st try a reset disconnect TV from outlet/power, press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 15 seconds. Wait another 5 minutes, plug TV back in and press power once, may be OK now, if not scroll through the trouble shooting link below and try the suggestions.

Chances are audio amp/IC that drives the internal speakers is faulty. Read in forums, it is common in these sets as they use very cheap, low powered amplifier IC's that generally heat up and fail. The IC is located on the mainboard, and requires the board be replaced. You can google search your make, model#, main board to get a price on replacement board and also how to replace board to see if is cost effective to do repair. If not comfortable doing the repair, have a good TV tech. have a look, diagnose and estimate repair. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://removeandreplace.com/2013/11/14/1...

Thank you the volume came back on after I shut it off and waited 15 Minutes

rabbithole9270, Donna, that is great to hear your back up and running, thanks for posting back.

This Didn't work for me

Trina Williams what make and model is your TV and what are the issues with it? Besides the things from the answer on here, what have you tried?

Hi I have a 55 inch sanyo TV and it's about 5 years old. Today it of nowhere my sound went out I unplugged it a few times and did the hold the power button and it didn't work Idk what's wrong with it.

Hi @Debbie mark,

What is the model number of your TV?

What type of connection is used to connect the signal source to the TV, e.g. Coax cable from an aerial, HDMI cable from a "box" of some description or Component (red/blue/green + red white) or Composite (yellow/red/white) cable from a "box".

If from a "box" have you tried a different input or type of input connection or cable to see if it works?

If from a “box” can you connect it to another TV to ensure that it is working OK?

If the TV has an earphones socket have you checked if there is audio available there.

Have you checked the TV sound settings to ensure that the TV speakers are selected and not an external audio system, if this option is available?

What have you checked?

If everything you've tried or what I've suggested still fails to provide audio, as the TV is only 6 months old, consult the manufacturer's warranty provisions for the TV as to what to do to make a claim for a manufacturer's warranty repair or replacement.

rabbithole9270 will be eternally grateful.