The Kenmore 110 Series is an easy to use home Washing machine created by Kenmore.

Loud Noise During Spin Cycle

Kenmore top loading washer model 110-21102013.

There is a loud rumble or roar during the spin cycle which sounds like a bearing failing. There is no impact on the spin cycle beyond the noise. The clothes come out of the spin cycle quite dry. There is no new vibration apparent since the noise started.

At the suggestion of the reps. at Sears Parts Direct I replaced the Washer agitator cam bearing, part #: WP3363661 which had no impact on the problem. Today the Parts Direct reps. suggest that I replace the Washer drive block, part #: WP389140. I've looked at the diagrams for this washer and I don't see how this part could produce the type noise I'm hearing. I've seen, in this forum and others, a suggestion that a failing clutch can make a noise during the spin cycle but wouldn't that also cause the drum to NOT reach it's intended speed and therefore, not remove the water from the clothes very well? Does anyone know if there are bearings or bushings in the transmission which might cause a bearing roar or rumble if they are failing?

I have this same issue @rldavison How did you end up fixing it? Thank you in advance!

@rldavison , Randall, Reasons a washer will make noise during spin cycle: main tub bearing faulty, main drive pulley loose/worn, motor coupling worn, bad clutch, worn out drive belt, plugged or damaged drain pump, transmission is worn out, springs or dampening straps off/broke, faulty/worn agitator directional cogs/dogs.

Attached link below will show/ tell you more on trouble shooting the issue on a washer. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://removeandreplace.com/2015/07/27/w...

Randall Davison will be eternally grateful.