will not print black ink

my printer will not print in black I have tried a new cartridge and still wont print. Any ideas....

My printer black ink was so clogged no black was printing at all. Reason was printer sat for 7 months without use. colors worked but black did not. Cleaning print head several times but still no black. .I thought as a last resort before buying a new printer i would try something else. I put the printer in change cartridge mode, removed the new black cartage, put a soda straw over the cartridge nozzle in the printer, took the head of the pressure tank hose and blew about a hundred pounds pressure through the straw and print nozzle , I could tell when the nozzle cleared, It now prints black ink.

Hey, This is very common issues of Epson printer not printing black, but you do not worry, Here is the best procedure: http://www.printersupportplus.com/why-is... and you can quickly fix your problem.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

@malyo1 , leonard, you may want to try cleaning the print head. Below is a informative link on trouble shooting the issue and a few different ways to clean print head. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://www.inkmagic.com/shopcontent.asp?...

I have done that; nmerous times NG

Does anyone have a software hack to make Epson Artisan 837 print only black and white? That is, without using colours under the black. I have only printed black and white, and don’t want to keep buying the colours. I only want fax capability.

leonard cronan will be eternally grateful.