Barrel has been incorrectly installed

I'm really hoping someone can help me!! My 8 year old son saved all his money to buy a nerf doominator. It arrived while I was at work. He took it out of the box and a 9 year old friend said he knew how to install the 2 barrels and did it for him. He managed to install one no problem, but the second one he somehow managed not to align the bottom but clicked the top in place. This mean the barrel sticks out. I need to unclick it from the top to reinstall it properly. No matter what search parameters I have tried, I can find no instructions on how to unclip the top. PLEASE can someone help us? I'm worried it will break if we keep trying without any idea what we are doing......

Hi

Were you able to fix the problem? Even my son wrongly placed the barrel and it is stuck now which is needed to be taken out.

Regards

Ritesh Sharma

India

Hi Ritesh,

Yes I managed to fix the problem. If you use a long flat blade screwdriver, you can push aside the plastic part that stops the barrel from coming out. I didn't put it together the first time so I didn't know how it slid together. If you use a flashlight and see how the plastic slides together you can see what locks it in place. It is just a plastic ridge that you can push aside.

I hope that helps.

Anita

Hi Anita

Thanks for the revert. Did you slide it aside or pressed the ridge inside to push out the other ridge out.

Regards

Ritesh

I tried this but it is still stuck

Austin will be eternally grateful.