My screen fell out of my phone and the screen cable disconnected.

I had my screen replaced a while ago and the screen has always been loose since then. I dropped my phone and the entire screen disconnected. The cable that connects to the glass screen broke off. I've been trying to figure out which one it is but no luck. Anyone know???

I haven't found anyone with this problem

I only have one cable that was connected to the screen...

That is the flex for the digitizer that is bonded to the LCD. Replacing your screen is the easiest fix. Attaching that flex requires a very expensive machine that even I can't justify buying.

And your backlight is in pieces. For sure time for a new screen!

Thank you!!!

And the frame came off!

I am genuinely impressed with the amount of carnage.

This is not good. I fear that the flex cables connecting your screen may have torn, partially or completely. There are actually 3 cables connecting the screen (LCD / Digitizer / Camera). There is also a flex cable at the bottom of the screen for the Home button.

Check out this guide to see what is what.

iPhone 5s Display Assembly Replacement

Visually inspect the flex cables and the connectors themselves. If the metal plate was there (assuming a proper repair), it sounds like they are probably torn. If the metal plate was not there, that is a bad repair but it may have saved your flexes.

Can you post a picture?

I only have one cable connected to the screen

I just updated my post

The glass separated from the frame...that screen is done. That is symptomatic of a low quality (i.e. cheap) screen. Instead of being glued to the frame, they are held with cheap strip adhesive, which we can see in the picture. Sometimes, as consumers, we want the lowest cost repair but trust me, people who lowball repair prices are just cutting on the quality of the parts, not their profits.

Cam will be eternally grateful.