Parts & Tools

Released October 13, 2016, the PlayStation VR is Sony's first virtual reality headset designed to work with the PlayStation 4 gaming console.

PSVR Headset keeps disconnecting due to faulty cable?

My PSVR has recently been diconnecting fewquently, mostyl when putting the headset on/off.

I've narrowed it down to the piece of cacle that comes from the headset itself, about 3-6inch along from where it enters the headset.

Any thoughts or ideas how to fix or replace this? I wish Sony made plug in cables to the head set as opposed to a sealed unit ;(

I have the same problem but i've narrowed mine down to the LEGO on/off switch on my 1st Gen. headset, If only someone knew how I can (or if I can) replace it without having to get a new headset. They were not designed for hardcore BEAT SABER players...

Any cable can be replaced if you are good with a solder iron , you also need heat shrink for the solder joints , I have the same issue although have no power getting to the headset . Once I get another working unit and narrow it down I’ll replace it .

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Most of the time thats happens when the TV is turn off, just disconnect the HDMI cable (TV) from the procesor unit.

He's talking about the sealed in cord from the headset that's un removable. This has happened to me and tons of other people, they made a headset who's cord stops working around a month or so and we're stuck with broken equipment.

Having the same problem. The cable is sealed to the headset and this part is faulty.

Thank you @pollito. I thought I had an issue with my headset as I would watch 3D movies and it would intermittently cut out only when the TV was off. Unplugged the HDMI from the processor to the TV and this fixed my issue. Signed up just to give feed back and in case anyone else had this particular issue.

[http://VR |https://virivr.com.au/ ] these guys can help, I've called on them several times.

I have a similar issue, any cable can be replaced with a good soldering iron, solder , flux & shrink wrap and same gauge of cable on the headset .

these faults are caused by flexing of cable over time creating breaks in the cores.

my device not powering up at all , just waiting a working model to verify the fault then I’ll attempt a replacement cable.

a digital multimeter is also handy tool to resistance test the cores between the plug , in-line module and motherboard . Will tell you if it’s open or closed circuit . Open is broken core. It will also tell you if you have power at each point.

cheers

Daniel

My vr head set off is running not Re open after off the power supple

Craig Asling will be eternally grateful.