Released October 13, 2016, the PlayStation VR is Sony's first virtual reality headset designed to work with the PlayStation 4 gaming console.

PSVR Headset keeps disconnecting due to faulty cable?

My PSVR has recently been diconnecting fewquently, mostyl when putting the headset on/off.

I've narrowed it down to the piece of cacle that comes from the headset itself, about 3-6inch along from where it enters the headset.

Any thoughts or ideas how to fix or replace this? I wish Sony made plug in cables to the head set as opposed to a sealed unit ;(

I have the same problem but i've narrowed mine down to the LEGO on/off switch on my 1st Gen. headset, If only someone knew how I can (or if I can) replace it without having to get a new headset. They were not designed for hardcore BEAT SABER players...

Any cable can be replaced if you are good with a solder iron , you also need heat shrink for the solder joints , I have the same issue although have no power getting to the headset . Once I get another working unit and narrow it down I’ll replace it .

unfortunately the cables running to the Psvr headset are mini coaxial cables meaning that they have a positive inner cable and a negitive outer cable that are covered in a color plastic casing then all the cables are wrapped and an outer able wrap witch I believe is also positive is woven arround the whole cable network and once again incased in plastic, my Rabbit decided that my Psvr cable was a sufficient chew toy and half a second later the game I was playing was black and the headset was dead, knowing a little about soder8ng and cable splicing I was going to splice it back togather myself when 9n closer inspection I realized the duality of each of the %#*@ near hair size cables running to the headset wich made fixing it a much longer process then I had originally hoped it would be butseveral mistakes and a lot of inappropriate name calling toward the designer of such a cluster @$#$ and the headset works again if my Rabbit chewes it again I'm buying a new one.

The Essential Toolkit

The most helpful tools in our most compact kit.

The Essential Toolkit

Most Helpful Answer

Most of the time thats happens when the TV is turn off, just disconnect the HDMI cable (TV) from the procesor unit.

He's talking about the sealed in cord from the headset that's un removable. This has happened to me and tons of other people, they made a headset who's cord stops working around a month or so and we're stuck with broken equipment.

Having the same problem. The cable is sealed to the headset and this part is faulty.

Thank you @pollito. I thought I had an issue with my headset as I would watch 3D movies and it would intermittently cut out only when the TV was off. Unplugged the HDMI from the processor to the TV and this fixed my issue. Signed up just to give feed back and in case anyone else had this particular issue.

[http://VR |https://virivr.com.au/ ] these guys can help, I've called on them several times.

Thank you for the reply but my headset now won't even turn on. I bought another one back when it did that and that one too doesn't turn on. It doesn't make sense they just stopped turning on.

I have a similar issue, any cable can be replaced with a good soldering iron, solder , flux & shrink wrap and same gauge of cable on the headset .

these faults are caused by flexing of cable over time creating breaks in the cores.

my device not powering up at all , just waiting a working model to verify the fault then I’ll attempt a replacement cable.

a digital multimeter is also handy tool to resistance test the cores between the plug , in-line module and motherboard . Will tell you if it’s open or closed circuit . Open is broken core. It will also tell you if you have power at each point.

cheers

Daniel

My vr head set off is running not Re open after off the power supple

Craig Asling will be eternally grateful.