The third-generation HTC One smartphone which was first released in March 2015. Its major revisions on the M8 design include the octa-core Snapdragon 810 processor and a 20-megapixel rear camera.

HTC One M9 in weird boot loop

I have an HTC One M9 that is being super weird. Its stuck in what looks like fastboot mode and reboots every minute or so. OK..no big deal. It looks like someone tried flashing a custom recovery and failed. When I go to recovery mode or download mode, I get "failed to boot to X mode".

Figured ok, I'll check things out in ADB. ADB doesn't list it as being seen and I can't send any commands to it. I would write it off right there except that when I run a logcat and reboot the phone, ADB sees the phone disconnect. So the phone is communicating with ADB on some level, ADB just doesn't detect it.

I'm much more comfortable with Samsung boot issues. Anyone know anything about HTC?

Rip HTC one m9

Not rip quite yet. Firmware most likely needs reflashing because I unbricked an m9 before.

How do I flash the thing?

It's a bit complicated you need to use and to push the update file. When I get home I'll give you the steps. Its like copying an update.zip file to sd card. The problem is that the model number and other id needs to match.

yea...tried adb push but adb doesn't see the phone

Most Helpful Answer

Not to sure on flashing HTC like you I'm more familiar with Samsung . This may help though good luck

iRobot Killer will be eternally grateful.