Why does Ice Maker take so long to make Ice Cubes

I recently replaced the water filter on my Amana refrigerator, now the water flows fine, but the ice cubes seem to take about 6 hours to dispense a new batch. Prior to changing the filter, they would freeze and dispense in about 2.5 hours. Now the cubes are larger, but it seems to take a long time to make a new batch of cubes.

Does anyone know, how the dispenser determines when to eject the cubes ? Is hat something that is adjustable ?

There is a temperature sensor on the ice maker. There is also a heater to help the ice slide out and there are several gears in the ice maker. None of these are adjustable. Several components other than the ice maker could cause slow ice production also. A bad fan motor, bad door gasket or a leak in the sealed system.

I just bought my GE Refrigerator/freezer in Oct. The ice maker is not working. What should the temperature be? Serial #LQ206510 Model #GSS20ETHWW

Rachelloyed-the default temperature settings are 0*f in freezer, 36*f in fresh food.

Your refrigerator is covered under the manufacturers warranty for the first year. That includes parts and labor. You should have a qualified technician check it out thoroughly.

If you attempt any repairs yourself, it could void the warranty.

richgrooms will be eternally grateful.