Parts & Tools

A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment; the PlayStation 4 Slim (CUH-2000 Series) is a thinner replacement model for the original PS4. Announced September 7, 2016.

Ps4 slim disk drive won't read disk/makes grinding noise

My ps4 won't take in the disc when put into disc slot. It also makes a grinding noise when eject button is pressed. Is there any easy fix? Or is there a replacement part available?

Same thing with my PS4 slim rollers are still connected PS4 takes in disc slow then it's a grinding noise then nothing it's like the drive doesn't know it's a disc in it please help it's not under warranty

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

It's possible that the rollers that suck the disc in have become dislodged. I made a video about that for the previous versions of PS4 but have not made one about this version yet. I'm assuming it's still under warranty so it's best to send it in to Sony for repairs.

You can see the video here if you'd like to know the general idea of the cause of the problem.

I have a PS4 slim that is reading games just fine, but there’s a grinding sound that I’m almost sure it the plastic disk that houses the magnet rubbing on the arms that hold it! I only think this as I followed your video and inserted the disk with the magnet on top of the disk without the metal plate and it spins freely and doesn’t grind at all!! I’m just wondering is there a way to fix this! I’ve dissasembled and cleaned a dozen times but to no avail! Thanks

If it's the slim model. Then take a small Phillips head screwdriver. There's a hole in the bottom right above the ps logo. Stick it in there and spin it like ur loosening a screw and if a disc come outs then that's why it wouldn't take another disc. Just did this to mine and it worked. It's still making a grinding noise though.

Take the top cover off and the metal shield and turn it on! Put a little pressure on the metal shield covering the PS disk and see if it goes away! I messaged steve from Tronix fix and that’s what he advised, been working fine for over a year now! Good luck

When i try put my disk in my ps4 it does not go in at all

There will either be a disk already stuck in or the sensor that knows a disk is there maybe going bad!

Brian Bendure will be eternally grateful.