The Google Pixel C is a 10.2 inch Android tablet that was released on September 20, 2015. The device is made to be compatible with a keyboard that attaches magnetically and connects via Bluetooth.

Display Problem Half display visible

Half of the display was not visible only half screen was working the touch is working completely whether i should replace lcd or lcd with touchscreen.

Hi @atom13

How long have you had the tablet? It seems a very new model, therefore it still should be under warranty.

Hello@jayeff

Its still under warranty but i stay in india i bought it from USA there is no service centre for pixel c in india even i tried to contact customer service but they are saying we can't help you.

Hi @atom13 ,

If you purchased it from Google or an authorized reseller in the USA then the phone is covered by the Google International warranty.

Here is a link to the warranty which explains what the provisions are and what you have to do and what you can expect them to do.

A quick read is that if they accept your claim you will have to pay for the return of the product and they can supply at their discretion either a new or refurbished device

https://support.google.com/store/trouble...

I contacted google customer support bro but they said i should go and replace the device from the store where i bought it

Hi, I don't know if this is correct. Maybe you should ask them (HTC) if there is an International warranty offered by Google on their products.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_retail_store...

After replacing my Pixel C 4 times now (RMA, same issue) I finally ran out of my warranty time. All four had the same issue (split screen). This time I removed the LCD from the chassis, I found that the LCD embedded ribbon (meaning the glued ribbon on the rear of the LCD screen was partially torn/ripped (see attached photo). I believe this happens due to an engineering mistake. You see the embedded ribbon make a sharp 180 degree turn in a tight radius and spreads along the edge of the screen, distributing the image to the LCD. This tight radius turn of a very fragile ribbon makes it susceptible to being under pressure (wanting to return to its manufactured nature) this when the inside of the tablet gets hot and when the user consistently pressing in that area (i.e. game playing, etc.) the ribbon starts to fail and then rip. This IS an engineering screw up and is consistent with this symptom everyone is experiencing.

-Eric A. - Digital Engineer/Technician

So what did you do?

Exactly, how do you fix the ribbon?

My tablet just started having this problem (after about two and a half years). Alas, it looks like no one has discovered any fixes.

I took it to several shops, but no one was willing to work on it... in one case, because they had a service agreement for Google devices, and the Pixel C (along with the Pixelbook) were devices they were not allowed to do any hardware service for.

However, I have it working again, for now at least, after I took a look at the teardown and then pressed pretty hard on the screen at the place where the ribbon cable connects (center right). Here's hoping that fix lasts a while!

Thanks Sage Ross, that fixed it for me too, at least for now

You can contact google warranty services. You will not need additional charges.

There is no service centre in india bro

Only didn't start screwing up until month past warranty and we told to buy a new replacement out of my own pocket. I see more and more instances on this happening. Google screwed up this time and should recall effected units

My tablet started showing this within just a couple weeks of arrival. Its replacement took barely four days. My 2nd replacement is due in a couple days, and I'm not terribly hopeful that one will work any better.

It looks like it's a bad connection (soldering job) on the screen pushing down on the stuck screen can temporarily fix it. You need to fix the screen connection.

Kiran Reddy will be eternally grateful.