PS4 Controller model CUH-ZCT1. Released in November 2013 by Sony Computer Entertainment, this six-axis, 3.7 V lithium ion battery controller is uncomplicated to repair.

Why is my PS4 controller acting on its own?

My PS4 controller seems to act on its own whenever I try to navigate anywhere and it goes in all different directions instead of going where I want it to go, I don't know if it's broken or if it's a technical issue inside.

I had this issue and the fix for me (you will have to use a different controller) was going under <settings <devices <Bluetooth devices. Choose the controller that is causing the issue <options button on controller <forget device. Then reconnect the controller to the PlayStation with the charging cord and that did it for me.

It didn’t fix mine sadly I even bought a new controller and it didn’t work

Try< setings <devices<controles<communication method<Use USB Cable

Same problem with controller connected to PC using Steam. Brand new controller. When its first used for the day no problem after that it might as get and walk on its own.

Totally recommend trying what @joeyfam87 has suggested before throwing your control out too the bins , Just as i was about to do after pulling it apart n bashing it around abit. chances are that could be the problem. unconnect to reconnect using the usb cable cord he rekons. solved my problem and saved me a hundred buks. Thanks guy.

OPEN ALL THE TABS

RAM Upgrade Kits for Mac

Shop Kits

Enough RAM
For All The Tabs

Shop Kits

Most Helpful Answer

I realize this is an older thread but this may help some folks who do a search and end up here. Try turning all bluetooth features off on devices that are near your PS4; that includes your phone. I had this issue and the controller is in great shape so I narrowed it down to interference. If it doesn't happen when the controller is wired to the console then this is most likely your solution.

Turned off Bluetooth on my iPhoneX and controller went back to normal

i have two different controllers. only one of them suddenly started pressing UP by itself, even in default ps4 home screen. when i disconnect it and connect the other controller, i don't experience the issue with the other one. the only bluetooth device that is active by default is my laptop and i don't think it should affect the ds4

and the controller came with the console; happened to be the one i felt has better response

i will appreciate any further assistance

The same thing happened to me, I even came to the extreme of opening and see if it was dust, but no, I literally bought this controller a few months ago, and the one that came with the console 4 years ago doesn't have this issue, it stresses me SO &&^&^$^ MUCH

I have turned Bluetooth off and still in game it looks up uncontrollably also it goes onto the pick profile screen then automatically turns back onto the game someone pls help it’s rly annoying

I’m having this problem now. I turned off all Bluetooth devices and tried dusting my console and plugging in the controller and nothing seems to work it’s so annoying

Im playing thru my computer and it also does the same. i just download a software ds4windows. Run the software first then pair your controller.

*When stopping the ds4windows the symptoms will still occur.

To fix:

go to control panel

my devices

find your controller and calibrate it. the option is on properties .

Dude, thanks so much!!! You saved me from a weekend of despair!

can u help me??' i calibrated my ps4 controller and still is doing some weird stuff

I just bought a new one and it keeps doing the same thing as my old one and I calibrated it already

If calibrating doesnt still fix, try updating your ds4. if still does do weird stuff maybe some hardware cleaning needed.

That sounds right all we have to do is connect it using a wire and disconnect the Bluetooth option

I'm currently having this issue. My controller has a delayed response sometimes and it has a drift in the joystick now and all I did was get my ps4 cleaned out cuz it was dusty. I dont wanna get a new controller unless I absolutely need too. I've also tried resetting the controller with the small button in the back with a pin and it still does it.

Did you manage to fix it, exact same things happening now to 2 of mine

Any news man? Just cleaned out my ps4 and am having the same troubles too. Gonna call the store that cleaned it tomorrow.

Check the bluetooth antenna, mine was having the same issue then i watch some tutorials about how to fix the antenna and it worked

My controller had this issues, kept pressing the PS button so this turns the controller on and off randomly. I have some background in fixing electronics, my warranty has expired anyway. This issue is notorious with laptop keyboards because they have the same flex keys on the Ps4 controller. If you know how to open it up (Search ps4 controller disassembling on YouTube) then buy this flex and replace with your controller and it shouldn't press keys by itself anymore.

| Circuit Film Button Ribbon Conductive Cable Keyboard Flex PCB Replacement for PS4 Playstation 4 10XX 11XX Controller Accessories

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/VSXFgQk

IMPORTANT: Please make sure the flex PCB is for your Controller model. The model number should be written on the PCB of your controller when you open it up. Example JDM 040. You can try cleaning it first to see if it works afterward.

The same problem happens to me. My PS4 slim controller L analogue stick doesnt seem to work well. Everything works, but when I toggle the L analogue stick down, the function works as if I toggled my L analogue stick upwards. For example, while playing Fifa 19, I would want to pass a player who is behind me (I would need to toggle L analogue stick down), but I, instead, pass to the player who is front of me instead (as if I toggled my L analogue stick). Can someone please tell me a way to fix this. I dont want to open the controller, buy a new part of a controller or buy a new controller.

Did you manage to fix it ?

I need help I bought a new controller but my ps4 still constantly scrolls up does anyone know how to fix this. I have tried everything. Honestly it I’m thinking about buying a new one because it keeps scrolling up even with a new controller. It happened so randomly

check the rubber button and analog, maybe it just dirty

->open casing with screw

->release the battery

->open PCB board

->clean the rubber button and analog with chemical cleaner

hope it can resolve your problem

Bought a new controller still does it no bluetooth enabled or anything

Are you using the new controller that comes with the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro?

I got mine today and it's also been acting up on it's own whilst playing Overwatch.

I'm using a normal ps4 controller

This happens with my Wii Nun-chuck. It may have dirt or grime in the rotation socket that is making making it stick.

PS4 controllers are made to do this so you can buy more. Buy another controller and put the broken one in the box and take it back.

This only seems to happen with controllers that are bought from stores and not the ones that come with the PlayStation. You’re welcome.

The world cheats you, so why not cheat it?

But the serial code is different

Not at all. .this is happening with a controller that came with my ps4 ..my rigjt analog stick ..just spins and spins sometimes.

This is not true. I just bought a new ps4 and it came with a controller and it is acting up right now. Only have it for about a week. Its scrolling left and I cant get it to stop

Mine started acting up too , the right analog stick keeps making my character look up on it's on and I just got my ps4 a few weeks ago brand new

Hey, so this happened to me multiple times. I started to try things to pin point the problem. I figured something out, but I don't know if this is for sure the problem. Every time it haooened to me, my controller would be on somewhat low battery. So, while it was happening, I put it to charge, almost every time, the controller would go back to normal. If this doesn't help you, then I hope that you will (or have) found out the problem.

Maybe it’s gilched up

I had this issue, it would scroll down so rapidly i couldnt even counter it, the moment something that it could scroll on appeared it was at the bottom, am gonna disassemble it to see what happened but when i activated bluetooth on my phone nest it it became even worse.

So far no suggestions besides disassembly worked for me.

Also at the same time the controller would suddenly not work for games (fine in ps menu) i could bypass it by restarting controller on game start menu.

Ive tried blowing on the L analog stick and I have disassembled it and cleaned it, but nothing works, it still glitches, when i scroll up or push up on the L analog stick it stays that way, i scroll back down and it just keeps going up, I dont know whats wrong but nothings working.

Iv had the exact same issue and iv even changed the Bluetooth receiver inside my PS4 and that hasent made a single difference, iv had all 3 of my controllers in bits still dose it. i have just read about other devises and there Bluetooth interfering so thats going to be my next try and fix we shall see

I hope this comment will help someone in the future.

So my DS4 started acting weird, let’s give an example.

i was playing Fallout4(FPS) and my controller started acting weird:

-whenever I pressed the aim button (L2) my character would start running in the left direction while aiming.

-also I couldn’t sprint(L3)

The issue was that my controller was really dirty on inside, it’s weird how it can get dirty from the inside but it does, you basically have to open the controller and clean it, every single piece you can.

if it still acting weird then you should probably just buy a new one, but cleaning my controller in my case, fixed the issues.

I had this happen and discovered that it was due to using my external drive, they both run off frequencies that causes this to happen. Disconnect your external and you should be good to go. Never had a problem since

My TV was causing the interference

I have this issue but more complicated for some reason. My L2 and R2 buttons act completely independently of any manual input under one specific condition. When the L3 button (Left stick) is pressed, the L2 and R2 buttons go absolutely haywire. This happens regardless of controller (I've tested 3 different controllers, 1 DS4.1 and 2 DS4.2), regardless of connection type (Bluetooth and wired), and I've made very sure that there is no possible other interference. I'm completely stumped.

We just bought our ps4 about 2 months ago. We've not used it that much because my kids prefer the xbox and my husband prefers the pc. I went on it the other day to play god of war and I noticed Kratos just kept randomly walking when I wasn't touching the controller. I've tried blowing on the analog stick but its hasn't worked. I'm going to try the bluetooth trick and see if it works. Also it's the controller that came with the ps4.

I have 2 PS4 controllers both are a few years old but never had a problem with either, but for some reason today they are both acting up being unresponsive or moving my character in circles or any other random direction. It seems to be affecting both sticks mostly but all buttons seem to have issues. It's a new problem with both. I tried disconnecting and resetting both but it didn't seem to fix anything.

I was having this problem for a couple weeks. I had recently switched my setup and i had my tv on top of a metal filing cabinet with my PlayStation behind the filing cabinet. My girlfriend suggested that the metal could be causing an interference. I moved my setup around and now it works normally. I hope this works for everyone and not just me but I would try to remove anything in between you and your PlayStation so that there is a direct signal from your controller to the PlayStation. Kinda like a difficult tv remote. I hope this helps anyone.

My l2 button acts on its own. It’s the one that came with my ps4. Ive tried on my pc too and that didn’t work either I’ve deleted the Bluetooth on the ps4 and that didn’t work either.

One there could be bugs in your PS4

[deleted] will be eternally grateful.