Can I use DC adapter for AC device

I got some speakers calls Creative Gigawork T20 I got from my sister but one of her 10 cats has chew up the cable on the power adapter so I just took a quick look on it rated 12v - 2.9 amper so I took one of my spare power adapter rated 12v - 2 amper and use it for a few weeks I was waiting for the heat shrink to arrive so I begin to repair the old one to use that one instead of the spare one so i found out its a AC adapter but the funny thing is i use DC adapter on it with no issues I was thinking that's pretty weird

so my question is can devices require AC can i use DC without taking damage on the devices I know it sounds pretty stupid but most of my spare ones is DC adapter I don't want to see huge cloud of smoke or explosive

sorry about that here's the pictures of it

^its output AC testing with multimeter

the other two make DC testing with multimeter

I also use this one for fun

@linkhunter "can devices require AC can i use DC without taking damage on the devices" no you cannot. Incidentally those device should not work. It is also not easy to find a 12V AC adapter. A lot of times you see people calling them AC adapter but they supply DC out voltage. Post a few images of both adapters with your question so we can see what you see. Use this guide for that

i look on http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArtic... look like i can use both AC and DC on it

GigaWorks T20 12V AC, 2.9 Amps - 15V DC 2.5 Amps

@linkhunter that is correct. GigaWorks T20 is AC and DC voltage power supply with a higher DC voltage needed.

Renny will be eternally grateful.