The April 2014 update of the 11" MacBook Air packs refreshed dual-core i5 and i7 Haswell processors and slightly increased battery performance.

Laptop is running extremely loud and slow

After dropping my Macbook Air from a small height, I noticed that the computer was running extremely slow and loud. I reset the SMC but that didn't work. I also noticed that my sound wasn't functioning. I went to activity monitor and found my CPU was running extremely high, jumping from 300% CPU sometimes to 1000%. I NEED HELP PLEASE if anyone knows anything. What I might need to replace or do, im not very good at computers. Thanks please help me this is a computer for work

Hi there ! How high is "a small height" ? Is the computer damaged on the outside ?

You computer has an issue with a temperature sensor malfunction - when your computer can't read acceptable data from a temperature sensor, it revs the fans up, and executes a process that takes over the processing power in order to prevent the computer from being exerted, to prevent it from heating up as a safety mechanism. If you open up Activity Monitor, there will likely be a process called "kernel_task" that is taking up all of the processing power. There is a possibility that the drop dislodged a cable, which carries temperature information from another component within your computer. I would open the mac up and check to see if any cables are not connected properly.

Yees the I/O cable was very loose clicked it back in works like a charm now, thanks

Kevin.

Kevin Melis will be eternally grateful.