An 8 inch Android tablet by Asus.

black screen death frozen

my zenpad froze when i was playing a game , them the screen when black i can see it the back light but still black. i need to know if there is any way to fix it

Most Helpful Answer

[Future reference]

I had the same issue. The Zenpads don't use the standard power+vol. up reboot method, but if you hold power + vol. down, it should put you into a reboot screen after a short bit. Just select "Continue Power On" from there and it should work.

I've had the same issue, and tried that. It made the backlight turn on and off, but did nothing to actually fix the problem. Am I doing something wrong? Do I just need to wait a little while after? What's going on?

an Tablet LCD was Crushed by the Foot of My Sister

David, my Zenpad S 8 showed weird rainbow colors & was unresponsive to touch before it went black. Upon rebooting, like you said, I could tell (especially in a darker room) via the backlight that it was on, and using the volume keys the speakers responded also indicating it was on. I will need to contact Asus & send them a video of what's happening, but for now I have discovered a temporary solution. Believe it or not, giving a hard rap with a knuckle or two in the center of the back of the tablet springs the display back to life. I'm guessing something must be connected poorly in the inside. Give it a try.

David Guilherme will be eternally grateful.