Repair guides and support for the Expedition, a full-size SUV based on Ford's F-150 pickup truck. Closely related to the Lincoln Navigator.

Anti-theft light is blinking and won't start

Truck won't start when anti-theft light is blinking. How do I reset it?

Most Helpful Answer

1, Try turning the key and moving the shift from park to drive and back. Then try starting it again!

2. Try your spare key in case the chip has failed in your primary key.

3. If you get it started, go to an Auto Zone and get a computer read out to see if it will tell you what the issue is.

Some anti-theft lights blink by default ( a small red light near the dash, for example is there to warn off thieves ). If this is some other type of light then disconnect your battery (negative first then positive) for 30 minutes and reconnect in reverse order (positive then negative). This should reset the computer. You will loose presets in your radio.

Mine does the same thing. I just hit the "unlock" button on my keychain remote and it starts right up.

I have 2002 ford explorer how do I reset the anti thief on it ,please

2010 ford egde “anti theft falshing fast" door ajar light stays on. Check wires under e brake pedal. Left foot wore threw 7 wires cut em clean. Reconnected wires protected with a pc of carpet rolled around the bundle of wires after. Fixed my problems

I have a mercury mountaineer 99. I broke the immobilizer ring after my 1yo flushed my keys and well i didnt realize the immobilizer was even there like a rookie i broke it replaced it and ignition destroyed old tumbler . pulled toilet later found keys . managed to get old tumbler to work. So i have original key. Only 1 came with it !!! Light blinks like crazy will turn over no start . also code 11 blinks once and then a again a sec later . ive tryed everything read the codes no codes but the check engine light is on? It doesnt stay on for 1 sec let alone 3 when turning on? Its already been bypassed with a push butten start before i bought it . ran great till i lost the keys and switched out the ignition. Ive disconnect and pulled all kinds of fuses none are blown and relays check out. I found another relay box underhood passenger side under air filter ? Another one under the dash in the middle just above the gas pedal ? Somebody ive already lost enough money spending not working please help

rayores will be eternally grateful.