7.9 inch display iPad Mini, with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage.

Why are there 2 white spots on my screen

My iPad has two white dots on the top left corner of it and I don't know how to get rid of it, my iPad has been glitching lately too well I call it ghosting because it moves and types without me even touching the screen. I think the dots are there because of the glitch but I'm not quite sure does anyone have any idea what they are?

My new iPad Air has this too.

Same with my ipad Air. 2 dots & freaking out. Opening apps, emails everything without anyone touching it.

Do you know how to fix it

How to fix white dots on my iPhone screen

If you could post pics of the dots, that would help.

From what you have described, it sounds like a bad digitizer. Easy and cheap to fix. The white dots could be marks on the LCD, but without pics its not possible to say. I would start with changing the digitzer and would inspect the LCD while I was in there. Chances are that the spots are on the digi and the LCD is fine but the LCD could have also been damaged and need replacing.

Most Helpful Answer

No, it's a software glitch. Just restart your phone and the two white dots will go away. It happened to my iPhone when I was wiping clean my screen.

The exact same dots just appeared on my iphone for the exact same reason and restarting the phone worked. Thanks :)

Thankyou very much. I've been very nervous about this.

Could be liquid damage (can cause a light patch where the liquid leaks onto the LCD) or the white mark could be caused by impact damage to the LCD, difficult to tell without seeing it. Are you able to add a picture?

In terms of the touch issue, has the iPad glass screen been replaced before? May not have been insulated properly by the company who did the repair. If not, it is again likely caused by liquid damage.

I have a white dot on my iPhone 7. It happened after I had an “iffy” text from a friend on instant messenger. He kept telling me to text a number but the wording did not sound like him. The dot is on every screen. The word screen on my phone the s is blocked out by this one dot. I’ve turned my phone off several times. Any ideas

Yes Genius your right it's just a glitch. It randomly happened on my iPad Mini 4. I just shut down my iPad turned it back on and the dots disappeared .

The white spot is dead pixel, to fix it please visit this article Tips on How to Fix Dead Pixels on Your Screen

Same exact issue on my i7+ screen... there are 2 white circles/dots, 1/4 inch apart, that appear near the upper left corner of the screen (btw they're not water spots)... they're 2 very distinct white dots/circles about 1/2 the size of those tiny "collar" buttons you typically see on a man's long sleeve business shirt. Incidentally, my i7+ has an aftermarket screen and has been ghosting a lot recently (aka: typing random gibberish, randomly opening apps & randomly calling ppl from my contact list).... If I didn't know better, I'd swear my cell was possessed or someone was hacking into it - lol - Anyway, hoping this info will help someone else out and/or help figure out the exact cause of the problem.

Yuli bronshtein will be eternally grateful.