The 8.9" version of Amazon's new high-end tablet series, released in November, 2013.

Restarting continously over and over to Logo

I downloaded a new app and my HDX turned itself off and started a cycle of restarting that will not stop. Did a number of factory resets, no change. It restarts only to the colored logo and shuts off and restarts over and over. Amazon said that it needs to be replaced. Can it be repaired?

Also I have left it on the charger overnight before the last factory reset and it makes no difference.

This started on mine tonight after support said to Reset to Factory Defaults. I loved my HDX!

I was reading a book when this happened to me, page just locked up, did 40 hold thing then HDX in logo boot up loop, spend hours on chat with Amazon, finally they told me to replace it. I did but if I can fix my HDX I will and like you I really love it. Requested HD from here, hope it has OS then I will try and fix mine.

You're gonna have to boot to recovery mode in case of a boot loop.

While it's off, hold the power key and volume up.

You will be prompted to Recovery mode. Use volume to scroll and power to select.

Try wiping cache partition. Then reboot.

If that doesn't work, try the same steps, but instead factory reset.

If that doesn't work, then you should definitely get a replacement.

Darrel Plimpton will be eternally grateful.