The Polaroid One-Step 600 Camera takes and develops its own pictures. It features an automatic flash as well as a special lens for close up photos.

Re-usability of film and testing working ability.

I found the repair instructions informative but scary.

I have a Polaroid one-step but not sure if it works. When I press the shutter I assume I should see it close and re-open but I see nothing.

Does this only engage when it has film& battery inside?

I have film but I am unsure if it will be ruined if I test my camera with it and it does not work.

Any information available on testing working ability of this camera or re-using new film once inserted into the camera is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Yes you need the film in the camera because the battery is in the film pack. What will happen when you test is a picture will be taken and ejected from the front of the camera to process. The film cannot be reused and I would leave the film pack in the camera to keep from losing pictures. Here is a link on operating your camera.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...

Annie Fraser will be eternally grateful.