Support for gas-powered and electric golf cart, sometimes referred to as golf cars, or club cars after the Club Car Golf Cart brand.

EZ GO charger flashes 2 red lights

EZGO cart recently died after 20 minutes of operation. Pushed home and plugged the charger in and it flashed 2 red lights. Could the charger be bad?

Paul, 2 red flashes, may mean battery voltage may be too low to take a charge. there could be connection problem (clean and tighten), defective charger. You can check voltage of each individual battery and if you you find a low one, try trickle charging that battery to bring it back with smaller auto charger with appropriate charge voltage. The local golf could probably verify if the charger is the problem.Good luck.

LInk below will explain charger light/diagnostic codes further.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://www.golfcarthotrod.com/298/powerw...

So, what is the "connection problem?" Clean and tighten what? I'm having this same issue and my batteries are fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen a few posts where the light on the charger flashes rapidly 5 or 6 times and then goes out. I had this problem and finally figured out that the breaker for the wall plug had tripped and AC was not on. Apparently even without power the charger will still flash when it sees some DC power from the batteries when you plug the charger into the cart.

Paul will be eternally grateful.