RCA Android tablet with detachable keyboard, identified by model number RCT6303W87DK.

What is this wire for?

I'm not sure if i can just peel back the sticker this is on at solder point 2, also im not sure why solder point 1 has two parts that are soldered....

also what is this wire for anyhow. thanks

It's hard to see perfectly from the picture but that appears to be a piece of coaxial cable that connects the wifi module to the wifi antenna.

The two solder points at location 1 are for the coax shield and the inner conductor itself.

That "sticker" at Location 2 is the wifi antenna. Not sure what your options are, but I would unsolder at the board. Don't peel the antenna up. If it tears, your wifi reception will be diminished.

After alittle more research i found that the "sticker" was more important than just holding something down. i used my spludger to carefully pry it off similar to the techniques used for the iPhone home button.

sorry for late response, i forgot i posted on here for that. thank you for the info though. good to know.

gagebowser55 will be eternally grateful.