My maytag 3000 dryer over heats

my dryer over heated because of the outlet was plugged with lint , so i cleaned and replace the whole hose and outlet , also replaced the thermal cutoff and the everything else but the heat element ... tested it with a load of laundry seem to work fine ,,,but once again the dryer over heated and shut off ....like i said i have replaced all the electric components but the heating element , it looks fine no breaks in the wire ...im at my whits end with it ...it makes a click sound when the start button is pressed but wont start now i figure it has blown another thermal fuse which i will check ....any ideas ? anyone why it still continues to overheat ? UPDATE..i check the thermal fuses and they are once again no good but the dryer element continues to overheat

i put temp buypass wires to the thermal fuse ends to test if the dryer will start ,the dryer starts but still over heats

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0

Comments:

honda, just a thought, since you have changed and repaired quite a bit, is it possible the motor could be lazy,worn out, shutting down.

by

that could be possible as i said the only thing i havn"t changed is the element and the motor or the electric board , it has excellent airflow ..

by

bypassing the fuse does not bypass the thermostat

by

i have replaced that and it still over heated

by

just want to say thanks for everyones input on the dryer issue ...the mother board was bad it was the culprit of the overheating on the board itself there were a couple blown transisters and where the red and white wire connects there was a hole blown threw the casing ....this was my parents dryer and the cause of all this trouble was that the vent line was completely plugged from the dryer to the outside ...i dont think that he had ever cleaned it so i replaced it with solid duct lines and just about every switch on the dryer as it had over heated bad ......again thanks for all your input and u-tube videos ...

:)

by

Add a comment
Black Friday
Broken doesn't stand a chance.

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

it was the mother board that has gone bad

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

@jeepster sorry to hear that but glad you got it fixed.

by

Add a comment
Most Helpful Answer

@jeepster sounds to me like your high limit thermostat has failed. Replace that and reevalaute. If you can give us your complete model number we can probably get you more information on that repair.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

Comments:

i replaced that and it still overheated and blew the thermal fuses again

by

It is the high limit thermostat that regulates the temperature of the heating element. If that does not work properly and you replaced it then the only thing left to change would be the heating element itself. This would be an odd failure since the limit setting thermostat should shut it off.

by

just a thought, could heating element be shorting out causing this. maybe look for burn marks around element isolators/mounts.

by

Add a comment

Add your answer

hondaleblanc2007 will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 3

All Time: 80