Repair and disassembly guides for electronic keyboards.

USB device is not responding

Yamaha PSR-S710 61-KEY ARRANGER WORKSTATION

I have Yamaha Psr 710...

Now, It can not connect any usb device..

How to fix this problem?

Help me...

@kolinmgy what do you mean by this "It can not connect any usb device"? For any recording? Has it ever worked? What have you tried?

For playback song,and I want to be no error

Does the USB to Host function work OK? If it does this proves that the USB controller in the keyboard is functioning OK

Does pressing the USB key bring up the Audio Player display in the Playback display window?

Can you connect any USB device to see if it gives an indication that it is being powered e.g. a mobile phone in charge mode only, a USB powered speaker, a USB HDD with a power light etc. Not a USB flash drive etc. as these give no indication that the power missing might be the problem. All you know is that they do not work, not why they don't.

If there is no indication of power being supplied to the device it indicates that either the +5V DC USB Vcc power or the USB Ground is missing.

First with a magnifying glass and a strong light check your USB Device port on the keyboard to make sure that the 4 pins are all still there and that they are straight and parallel with each other. Also check that there is no build up of lint and dust in the port.

If there is an indication that the USB device is being powered by the keyboard, get back to us here and we'll go on from there about checking out the problem further into the keyboard.

OK. It is good that it shows that your mobile is charging. That shows that there is power coming from the USB port.

When you connect the phone to the USB can you change the phone to go from USB connect as 'Charge only' to connect as Media device (MTP) or USB storage and see if you get connected? Be aware that your keyboard does not recognize .mp3 music files only .wav music files.

Has the USB function worked before on this keyboard or is it new to you and you do not know if it did? If it is new to you here is a link to the User Guide which is available in several languages. Hopefully one will be suitable to you. http://download.yamaha.com/search/result...

If it still says 'not responding' then with the power removed from the keyboard, use an Ohmmeter to prove continuity of the data +ve and data -ve wires from the USB Device port to the CPU. These two wires are used to do the signalling between to USB devices. Most probably one of these two wires has become disconnected, either directly behind the USB port or in the two connectors CN72 and CN8

Here are the relevant connector points from the USB Device port circuit board to the Micro-processor circuit board where the USB data -ve and data + wires go.

Click on the images to enlarge them for better viewing.

This one shows the connection from the USB port itself where it goes to the 6 pin connector CN72 (pins 2 and 3) on the DJK board to connect to another board.

This one shows where it enters the DML 1/2 board as CN 8 (pins 2 and 3) and from there it stays on the same board and ends up as pins 229 and 230 on the CPU.

Thanks for your answer..,Sir..

When I connect my phone in USB port, charging sign indicate and keyboard display show that" usb divice is not responding " .

Please, help me more ..

Hi Sir..,

When I connected with my phone, charging sign show only, can not change any such "charging mood only", media device.. etc..

Dear sir..

Let me chat with your email..,because I want to send photo

Please, reply me.

Thanks you

Here is a link that shows how to add pictures to your question.

Adding images to an existing question

Hi Sir,

Pin 2 and 3 of CN 8 connect pin 229 and 230 is also good.

When flash memory connected usb port, "The connected usb device is not responding" message show and disappeared.

Kolin will be eternally grateful.