How to remove back cover

This is a brand new laptop that I am trying to install an SSD in. I have removed the 10 screws on the bottom cover and I have been able to release all the plastic catches all the way around except in the front by the display. It is so tight up by the display that it almost seems like there are some hidden screws someplace. There are some rubber feet and I wonder if they hid some screws underneath but they didn't on the front side farthest from the display so I'm assuming they didn't on the back side. I'm at wits end. I don't want to force anything since the cover is aluminum and I don't want to bend it. Has anyone disassembled this machine yet?

Hi. What tool do you use to remove the screws?

Sure enough! Rotten buggers put screws under the front rubber feet. Removed those and the cover came right off... no ribbon cables or anything like that to contend with. So in summary:

Remove 10 silver screws...

Remove rubber feet near the hinges

Remove two black phillips screws

Remove bottom cover and expose all the electronics.

Rich

I'm also putting an SSD into this laptop...provided I can get into it. No problems getting all the screws out, but how in the world does one get the bottom cover off!? I've tried for hours and only managed to destroy my spudger. At a loss here. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I do a lot of laptop work and, with the greatest respect to iFixit, the spudgers are not the best tool for the job.

My weapon of choice is a firm guitar pick - the sort of thing you can pick up in a music shop for a few pence. Get a hard nylon one - why not treat yourself to one that has cushions for your fingers? (a technician likes luxury too!).

I find picks work extremely well and are cheap to replace.

What size screwdriver does it take? I need to replace the HDD in my brother's laptop and I do not have any that fit

Not got this model in front of me but I've worked on similar ones.

Your hunch is worth investigating - use a spudger to lever the feet - you'll probably find that they are attached on one side and lever over. You'll find a screw.

Careful when you separate the two halves - they'll be ribbon cables running between keyboard, touchpad and possibly power button.

I recently had my Asus Q504U screen separate from the aluminum and I cant seem to find any information on how to open and see what's wrong with it. Everything is working fine but it looks like the screen came off the hinges. The screen starts to bend if I try to close/open so i left it in an open position. I would appreciate if anyone has any information about how to open the touchscreen.

Thank you

Rich Webb will be eternally grateful.